Helen is a consultant researcher for the Photographic Collections Network, a new organisation which provides research, knowledge exchange, events and advocacy for UK photographic archives and collections. She also regularly consults with early career and established photographers, and advises both private and public photography collections. With over fifteen years experience as a curator, portfolio reviewer and awards juror, Helen offers informed advice across a diverse range of areas including:
- Editing and sequencing: for online portfolio use, call for entries, and publication layout
- Writing: for book essays, reviews, interviews and exhibition text.
- Creative direction and exhibition development
- Contextualising archives within the history of photography
- Cataloguing and researching original photographs in public and private collections
- Advising on best practice for custodial control, storage and preservation
- Copyright and provenance research
This is not a definitive list of activities and all new projects are considered on a case by case basis. If you wish to discuss reviewing or consulting work please contact Helen via e-mail
2016 LensCulture: Since February 2016 Helen has been a consultant submissions reviewer for LensCulture.
2016 Offspring PhotoMeet
2015 Exposure 2: An symposium event held by Middlesex University and the Photographer’s Gallery.
2015 Offspring PhotoMeet